8.30.2008

Our weekend.. so far

Well our weekend has been crazy.. Friday I got us all up early and went to my Aunts to babysit my nephew, got some cute photos of him - he is growing so quickly. Afterwards we picked up Julius and counted our dough for the Mrs. Philippines contest.. We drove to the first canvassing and turned in $325, only two other contestants turned in any money and I had the most by about $50. The kids had a good time and there was a puppy there when we got there.. no one knew who's it was and they were saying just to put it outside and shut the door.... not very nice. So I picked him up and he was super lovable, he didn't try to nip my face or even lick me, just sat in my arms like he belonged... I really love dogs and I wish I could have kept him but I told everyone I was going to walk around the neighborhood and look for an owner (leave him outside, are you kidding me?!?!) So I found the owner who was sitting on his porch waiting for him to come back.. That's my good deed for the month..

When it was finally over we came home and decided to run the dishwasher (which we rarely do), while we watched tv. This morning we got up early and made waffles, they were very good, I even made an apple topping with whipped cream, YUM! Then I decided the floor was disgusting and swept it. Julius said "there's enough food on the floor to feed a family.." to which I replied, "more reason to get a dog who can clean it all up!" But it didn't stop there, I decided to mop too because it was somewhat sticky in some places, and when I mop I have to mop the entry way too because it always gets dirty where we remove our shoes. Then we had a birthday party to go to, in Beaverton.. by the time we came back the kids were asleep so we went house hunting, looking at neighborhoods and trying to decide what we want. We finally came home and I felt our livingroom was being taken over by half naked barbies, cracker crumbs, and I swear every single play kitchen item we have... the food, the utensils, pots, pans, the works... scattered all over. When I was done returning things to their proper homes I decided to vaccume and then you see the stains (don't even get me started on the nail polish one.) so I got out the folex and sprayed, and sprayed, and sprayed... now I feel it's pretty darn clean in here. Although I still need to unload the dishwasher, maybe we can just use the dishes straight from there.. it's like a steril little room without the chance of dust.

Not sure yet what is in store for tomorrow, but I am sure it will be just as eventful as today. :)

No comments: