8.15.2008

Ahh.. Park Days..

To think that one year ago I dreaded driving is CRAZY!! We are all over the place these days. We spent Thursday at the park where we met some new kids who my girls enjoyed playing with (wow MOMS Club has really made them outgoing!) Then it was off to Coffee Lounge and then I took my brother to the Health Department where we waited and waited and waited almost 3 hours while drug addicts sat too near and stoners stared off into space, great for kids huh.. Yea I know, I tried to avert there eyes and kept them distracted for the most part but when the lady started cussing like a sailor I had to flee. So we braved the 100 degree weather outside in a tiny patch of grass with thank goodness some shade! Where I drilled the kids from a Pre-K workbook we got at Costco. At five we picked up Julius and came home to our haven of an apartment which was nice and cool (thanks to me closing it down early in the morning).

Today we went off to the library to get some much needed new books, then over to Coffee Lounge for some cookies and ofcourse coffee, then off to Esther Short again where we spent about an hour playing in the water, it was nice, there wasn't very many kids. The girls splashed around a little while I had an iced mocha and thumbed through a 'decorate you kids room' book. We made it back to the car with only 2 minutes left! (perfect) Then we came home for the dreaded 'N.A.P.' time. Only Alexa took a nap, Adrianne was happy as a clam to eat and watch Aladdin while I cleaned up out disaster of a house because Julius had a client coming over. Then tonight after Julius' client came we went to my Aunts house for pizza and pool!! My brother came with his kids too and we all played in the pool. It was great fun, Adrianne is so calm in the pool, we put her in a fish shaped ring and she will just sit and float around, she never moves of wiggles or tries to get out, it's very cute. All she needs is her sunglasses, a book, and a coffee and she'll be in heaven. Alexa on the other hand loves to walk around in the pool, she can touch the ground but she chatters away until her mouth gets filled with water and I get scared she will dround. She gets me so agitated because she won't just stay near to the edge and hold on... She needs swim lessons, she is just too brave in the water, it scares me. Afterwards we all had pizza and hung out and now we're back home and ready for bed. I couldn't make it through the gymnists last night and I know I will not make it through whatever is on tonight.. So goodnight all, tomorrow is another hot hot hot day. I will enjoy it while I can. :)

No comments: