8.13.2008

A Day at the Park

Today has been busy but awesome! First we went to the church and cleaned up the craft closet, we need to make alot of crafts, because we sure have alot of stuff!! It was nice to see all the goodies, while the kids played together and little Darien tried to sneak off with things.

Afterwards Julius said we needed to go to the Coffee Lounge and pick up the things we needed so we went there and bought our usual Frappe with a choco chip cookie (the girls love to have those so we *share*). Then it was off to Esther Short to play in the water, the kids had a good time and even held there ground while the bigger kids splashed around. We then plugged even more money into our meter and went on to the slides and swings, had some snacks and headed back to the car. Only to find we still have a remaining 20 minutes! No way am I paying for someone else's parking! So back to the water we went!! We returned to the car with 3 minutes left and I felt that was adequate since it probably took me that long to load the girls up anyway.

A quick run to drop off my insanly overdue library book and then back home for a nap (although no naps were taken). The girls played happily while I started laundry and watched Oprah, to which I found very enlightening. She apparently has this lady on sometimes her name was Suze, but what was interesting is one lady who was shopping her family into bankruptcy said, "Sometimes I will buy something that I don't even really like, just because I don't want to leave the store with nothing." That is totally me, I do that all the time. No wonder we are always broke, so I vow to make a concsious effort to remind myself that it's okay to leave with nothing.

Until next time, I am off to scrappin and there is still dishes to do and laundry to fold. And we are off to the park tomorrow, yay! We just love the park, even I love it. :)

No comments: