10.15.2008

When you want to have a mental breakdown..

I've come to terms that I am in desperate need of a mental breakdown.. the body wants it, the mind wants it.. I just need a time to shut down and reboot my mental system..

But I don't have that time. I'm starting to feel like a computer that is never shut down and has so much in it's processor that it's hard to work on anything new.

Called the Vanc Clinic today, to ask for an adjustment on my $3,200 bill.. After many rounds of questioning she said, "Well I can get it down to $600 a month." (Like I have an EXTRA $600 a month). I wanted to cry.. Then she said reluctantly that I can possibly get 10% off due to my low income, but my income isn't low enough so I might not qualify. So her next suggestion *this is great* "Why don't you put it on a credit card." WTF?!?! How does that help me? Then I have the $3200 PLUS 19.99% interest?!?

I am really at the end of my rope.. Plus my old apartment is still insisting that I pay the $850 for October rent.. It's a financial crisis here people... and I need a mental breakdown!!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Ugh and double ugh. I am so, so sorry.

Do you have medical insurance? If you do not, you should contact the state medical and see if you could qualify for help through them. You might be realyl suprised to see what you qualify for. When my nieces husband was so sick last year they were uninsured and the state picked up every last cent of it. And they make decent enough money - they are definitely not on the lower-low income level.

If you do not have insurance, were you able to get the hospital to write off their part?

Write to me in email if you'd like and I'll see what I can help find for you.

About your apartment....did you break the lease? If you broke the lease, you are legally responsible for the rent to the end of the agreement *OR* until it is rented again. So - if you broke the agreement and they were able to rent it for an Oct 15th date, then you would legally owe 1/2 a months rent.

If the lease was up and you gave proper notice as required, you wouldn't owe anything.

Hang in there - I know the money stress thing up close and personal.