10.13.2008

October 13!! The month is half way gone?!?!

I don't know where all my time has been going but the days are just flying by. I have only 2 more months of school and I couldn't be gladder (I don't think that is a word). I absolutely detest my English class/teacher. It's so tedious and she has so many assignments, it's like she thinks we have nothing better to do than to write memos and letters and proposals all for her to grade with a vengeance. So far I have 30/50 and 39/50... it's not looking good for me. The lady who sits next to me is awesome, she is the only reason I even attend that class. She is so down to earth and she writes really well and creatively but even her best grade is 47/50, so we laugh about how our work would be top-dollar in any corporation but the possessed teacher doesn't think so. Plus she doesn't believe in paying for parking either so that gives us something else to rant about. We even sit in the front row, whatever happened to preferential grading for those who sit up front?!?!

I hope I never have to take another English course like this one. I've never been good at English in the first place, but this lady is out of control! She even down graded me because I put two spaces after each period. Get a grip lady!

My other classes are not so bad, not that I am getting A's, which I totally wish I was. I just don't have the extra time to put the needed effort into each class. It literally takes A TON of time to do everything up to perfect standards and prepare for tests and such. And to be honest, it's just not on the top of my "to-do" list. I love my kids more than school and I want to be there for them, not shouting about my homework or "be quiet" or "mommy's busy" type of thing.

So maybe I shouldn't have went to school yet, I know there are people out there who want it more than I do at this point in time. But Julius said I needed to go, so here I am. I told him that next semester I only want two classes. I am sure I will end up with three, but it's just so taxing on your mind and patience. And I feel I could get better grades if I just have two courses, even if they are harder.

Which brings me to my advising appointment, I have two holds on my classes. One is the required timed writing that every student has to do (god, more writing.. someone shoot me). The other is my needed transcript from my CC in Hawaii.. which would not release my transcript until I payed my library fine. So I called to find out how much I owe... TWO DOLLARS, they are so stingy that they wouldn't let two dollars slide from back in 2003!!! My gosh, as if I didn't give that school my time and sweat, volunteering and tutoring..

So then, I have to pay the two dollars plus the transcript request of $15 (no it's not free..) to which I have only two checks left. One check went to the rent payment, and the other went to the utility bill from our apartment. So no more checks to pay for the transcript. Yes, I ordered checks online, but they have not arrived yet. The clock is ticking and I have no access to money.

I cannot believe how this month is crumbling. I forget half of the MC things I am supposed to do, I do my assignments at the last minute, I can't remember what my group responsibilities are for my management class, and I can barely get to sleep at night. PLUS my house is still not set up the way I want!!

Will this nightmare never end. I know, I just have to do one thing at a time... so I better stop ranting and get things done. :) I feel better.

No comments: