10.20.2008

My Wild Weekend!

Today is Monday, and a day of resting plus homework :) We have had a crazy weekend so let me just start from the beginning.

Julius took the day off on Friday. I told him I wanted to go to the Pumpkin Patch, and I also needed to buy a dress for the Ms. PI Coronation Ball. He however wanted to go to the Fish Hatchery.. So we went up the Wa side of the gorge and stopped at a few places on the way, then crossed the Bridge of the Gods and went to the dam. The kids had fun and we had a great time seeing Herman, the 10 ft. long Sturgeon. WOW!

On the trip back we decided we were hungry so I suggested we go to the outlet mall in Troutdale, and we could eat and I could look for a dress. We had subway and I was unsuccessful at finding a dress :(

Afterwards, we drove to the Sauvie Island Pumpkin Patch which was quite a ways with traffic. It was already 5pm and we had to be somewhere at 6pm. So I was worried we wouldn't have time to play at the patch. But we had a great time, and thank goodness they are open until 11pm. We petted all the animals and spent some time in the hay maze, then Julius put the girls in a big wagon and pulled them through the patch until we found the perfect pumpkins, five of them. And we bought some corn, apples, cabbage, and indian corn.. and $22 later we were happily on our way.

Our next stop was the Fil-Am building in Portland. I have been selling Ms. Philippines tickets for 5 months now, and got third place (called Mrs. Visayas). So we had rehearsal, and although we were an hour late we still had time to do what needed to be done and eat their food. We finally got home and went to bed around 11pm.

Saturday morning we got up and went to a dress shop that the #1 Ms. Philippines told me about. It was on Sandy Blvd. and we all met up and I picked out my dress. They were all paniced that I waited until the day of the ball. But the lady who worked there assured me in her extreamly broken english that she could make it big enough to fit me and would have it done by 3 pm. (Thank goodness).

We then drove back to Vanc. and got Julius' hair cut, then out of 192nd to buy some shoes to go with the dress (I totally forgot shoes..) found some on clearance that were super comfy, and it was BOGO so Alexa got a new pair of flats too.

Once we had the shoes all picked out it was on to get my hair cut and styled. That went well and while I was in there Julius went to my Aunts and picked up my wedding dress with my extreamly amazing undergarmets. When he picked me up it was just after 3pm, so we raced to the dress shop where I put on the gravity defying, sinch you up like a barbie unmentionables and tried on my dress.. Then the lady said, "oh, you so skinny now.. beautiful.." then she had to take the dress in. But I came out with a nice dress that fit good and I liked it.

By now it was about 5pm, (we were supposed to be at the hotel by now..) so we bought Burgerville and took the girls to my Aunts house and came back to our house where Julius and I ate. Then he ironed his clothes and took a shower, while I put my face on and squeezed my hiney into my dress.

We walked out of the house at 6pm and drove like lightening back to Airport Way where the dinner was being held. We got there in time to eat, but we had just ate so we weren't really hungry.

By the time the night was over I couldn't wait to get my unmentionabled off and breathe again. So we picked up the girls around 11:30 and came home and went to bed.

Sunday I took the girls to return the dress (I had just rented it because I knew I would never wear it again.) Then we went to my Aunts house and picked up their winter clothes, and their bicycles. Once we got home I was going to go to the Fred's but I was tired so I took a nap instead. By the time I got up, it was time to eat and go to bed again..

So I am glad it's Monday and that whole thing is done with :) Now it's on to our next big adventure..

Here are some photos from the Ms. Philippines Ball, I cannot find the camera adapter to get the photos from the fish hatchery and pumpkin patch (I tried to put the memory card in the reader but it was too small and I then had to dig it out because it was stuck..) So next time I will post some photos of that.

I hope you all had a great weekend as well, the weather sure was awesome :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

BEAUTIFUL!! You look so "princess-y". :) I'm glad your wild weekend is over, and that you're taking a much needed break today!

Sheri said...

I love the color of your dress ... will there be more photos of your big evening? What was the ball like?