11.15.2009

NaBloPoMo

So I missed my post yesterday, not for lack of thinking about it though! Just because I would remember to do it and then something would come up and it would slip my mind again. So I am going to back post because I have alot of things that I did not post about in October (basically all of Halloween!)

I have alot of cute photos to share from our October outing to the pumpkin patch, this is the first time that I feel the girls really enjoyed it (despite off and on showers), they were more excited then Julius and I this year.

Adrianne enjoying the pony ride

Alexa hanging on to her "shaky" pony

Adrianne feeding the goats, I think we spent $2 on feed
because she was having such a good time.
(Alexa would not participate.)

Adrianne actually KISSED this donkey,
however there were other people who were watching
saying how cute she was that I didn't get a photo.
She had no problem giving the donkey a big hug
(I was afraid it might nip at her hand!)
Alexa petted the donkey once, and then she was done.

Adrianne spent quite a while petting this rabbit,
she actually had a full on conversation with the lady
who is holding the rabbit.

Where else can you be buried in CORN!

A perfect distraction while there was a
bit of PNW misting going on.

Preparing for the pumpkin launch!

Giving those pumpkins a good washing.

We were fortunate enough to have some friends come over with their girls for the whole trick or treating process, which was perfect! It gave Alexa a bit of distraction from the usual Halloween scary things. The girls got a ton of candy which was then redistributed to the trick or treaters who came to our house. This year the girls both saw costumes at Walmart that they wanted, however when I went to buy them ofcourse they were gone! (And they were pretty cheezy quality) So little miss Adrianne wanted to be a Pink cowgirl, a quick trip to Spankys and the dollar store added with some home ribbon and the glue gun and this is what we ended up with..

And ofcourse cowgirls are known for their siestas.

Alexa was a little harder, she wanted to be a 'red' witch, and I just could not think of anything witchy that we might of had. So a trip to party city was at hand. She got a colorful witch costume that actually lit up (she got alot of comments while trick or treating)...

"I'm going to get YOU!"

And ofcourse you gotta have the
two of them together.

Now dispite that this post is getting long we had quite an adventurous holiday, so just a few more photos of our perfectly carved pumpkins! Every year we take alot of care and time to carve the pumpkins, as this is my favorite part of Halloween..

Mmmm.. Pumpkin innards.

This year we let Alexa do some carving,
she did very well.

The finished products, a bat, a fire face, and
Adrianne's eyeball scary guy.

Before going in for the night we enjoyed some
playtime outside, for my little night owls
and a family picture to end the evening!

No comments: