11.13.2009

My Preschooler

It's been a while since I actually blogged, so I am going to try this blogging everyday for one month. I really like blogging, it's a fast and convenient way to capture a diary of your life. And with blogging you can share it with those around you (or far from you). There comes just one downfall, sometimes you don't want to share with everyone what is going on. Then you have to "edit" your posts to contain only the most bland of topics, or the best parts of your days. (Atleast this is how I feel, I know there are some die hard bloggers out there that write whatever they feel like).

But for this post (1 of 30) I would like to put a photo of this cutie..
Adrianne

She is soon to be 4 years old and I cannot believe it. She is getting into the routine of preschool and finally participating in P.E. She goes happily to gymnastics every week and wants to do everything her sister does. On the other hand, she is at the hardest age. She wants to do things her way, and get frustrated with herself if she cannot do them. It's very irritating. Say she see a picture of a rainbow and she wants to draw it, her immediate words are, "I can't draw that rainbow!!!" And the more she squiggles on the paper, the more frustrated she becomes. I try to explain to her just to draw what she sees, but I suppose when you are three you expect your drawing to be just like the picture - as she does not yet understand the limitations that each person has. With this we struggle daily, and yes it makes child and mommy frustrated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Firstly, love the new blog look, and that header pic is adorable!

I completely agree that we censor ourselves in what we blog. I honestly don't think there's ANYONE (even if they won't admit it) that says exactly what they're feeling or thinking, because some topics just aren't public, and our good judgement tells us so. I suppose if I knew not a soul read my blog, I might be more bold, but my mom, MC friends, and church friends are all readers, so a bazillion topics that affect my life are suddenly 'off the table'. It certainly can translate into blogs that represent slightly more vanilla flavored lives, huh?

Wow, long comment. But I love what you say about kids and adults alike having frustrations with our limitations. At least for now, it's only a rainbow, Adrianne :) Nice to see you Friday night!!