1.30.2009

Today

Here we are, 11am and just getting the day rolling. Adrianne is eating her pancake while Alexa and I wait for her to finish. The pancakes are left over so it's not like I just made them this morning.

This is how our days start... slow. A part of me really dislikes it that we rarely leave the house before noon. But when I try to get up "early" I am always shocked by the fact that it's DARK outside, how can you wake up if it's dark? Then I realize that I stay awake at night while it's dark, so what is the difference?

Anyhow, today we are going to take our acquired kitty to the humane society to see if it has a micro-chip, or if someone has reported it lost. We have been feeding it for about 2 weeks, and it is always there waiting for food. It does have a collar but it doesn't seem to live anywhere. On one side I hope I can keep it, on the other I feel guilty because someone might be searching for their cat. So I guess it's better to get the humane society trip over with so I can feel at ease.

It's amazing to me how our human brain will think of the possible consequences, good or bad, and still put things off. I do it all the time. I put off bookkeeping although I know I will be paid for it. I put off homework although I know it must be done. I will even put off laundry, dishes, and vacuuming - although I may have nothing else to do.

While reading other Facebook peoples '25 things' I realize there is alot of stuff we do not know about eachother. Some people have been married a long time!! I have only just gotten married in '06 (although we had a judge mini-marriage in '05). Still that is not long compared to some others.. but it feels like forever.

Julius made a print out of flights to the PI, he wants to take the cheapest one, $723 per person.. but it has 2 stops. I want to take the $1,143 per person flight, with just one stop. It's quite a difference and I can see there is a savings, but I cannot imagine stopping in San Fran, and Taiwan... taking 22 hours to get to the PI. It just seems like too long for the kids, too long for me.. So I am trying to convince Julius that some times convinience out weighs savings.

Additionally, everyone is telling us to get a nanny for the kids. I am ALL for it, no matter what the cost (and I am a frugal person). Can you imagine carrying the water to fill the toilet tank EVERY time one of us has to use the potty?! Or how about HAND washing ALL your clothes and your kids' clothes? Add on the fact that it's hotter than the hobbes and super humid (like the rainforest section of the Zoo). It's dusty and there's bugs, big bugs.. like sleep under a mosquito net type bugs.. I will do anything, pay anything, to reduce my stress during this trip.

So now I have to convince Julius to pay more and get a one stop flight, pay more and get a nanny for the kids, and pay more to rent a car (with driver). It will be one expensive trip but Julius has not seen his family in 9 years, and I feel at all costs we need to go. On the other hand, I also need some sanity while we're there..

No comments: