1.01.2009

A New Year...

As I was up watching Ryan Seacrest do his thing in Times Square while Julius was snoring on the couch I realized that I must be getting older.. I no longer recognize some of the "top" artists who preform and worst yet, I have to turn on the captioning just to understand what they are singing.. So who are these Jonas Brothers?? Are they similar to the NKOTB of the '80s?? Is it a teen band? Tween? Or younger?? Yes I know Hannah Montana is hot with the 8 yr. olds... but I've never heard someone say, "oh I just love the Jonas Brothers!!" nor have I seen a clothing line or even Ken as one of the Brothers.. I must be really out of the know!

In other news, Julius has always said that whatever happens on New Years Day is what will happen for the whole year.. for example: Eat expensive food in fancy resturaunt.. then you will eat fancy food all year round. Or Julius' favorite: Start with a clean house, so the house will be clean all year. In celebration of this we usually go out to eat and see a movie (which to me means awesome food and free time for the whole year, yeah!)

But seens how Julius had one of his wisdom teeth removed on Monday, and he says he had a bad headache today... our year isn't shaping up to be a good one.. But I have done my part, I've taken a long bath and read almost a whole book, made all the beds, and I've even made time to blog. It's shaping up to be a good year for me :)

Now I am off to re-organize my disaster of a scrapping area, and hopefully put away the Christmas decorations.. I hope all is well for your New Years Day, and may the rest of your year be just as good, if not better.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First off, I love your new photos on the sidebar and top all the time. You are so good about those types of updates.

Now about the Julius New Year's Day business... I can only HOPE he's wrong. My house was a pit and my kids were little angry beasts that day. I can't take a whole year of that!!!