1.03.2009

Did someone say Gift Card?

Okay so this is really awesome, if you read my blog and don't check out my list of "other mommy friends" then first you must read this awe inspiring blog of another mom in my awesome MOMS Club. This is one lady who has always had the most awesome and down to earth blog, and although I don't know her as well as others she always has this 'put together' carefree way of life (even with FOUR boys!!) Sometimes I am just amazed at the things the other MOMS do and accomplish.

But this is not about other moms, this is about me or us or the family and the year of 2008.

Did anyone have a rough '08? I know I sure did, but I lived it and by gosh I am super glad we all survived! The year started off with (what, I cannot even remember?)... oh yes, we started the year sick and poor miss Adrianne had a sneezy, flu filled birthday. But by February we were finally feeling better, we spent alot of time at parks and MC and even did another round for the Filipino community.

In July we had a huge blow out party for Alexa that went rather well (no mental breakdowns on my part this year!) she had a great time and has learned so much during her 6 mo. at 4 years old.

Then ofcourse Julius went to the hospital with his blood clot, and although I was too queezy to ride with him to the hospital I was pretty much by his side the rest of the time (this was the first time I thought we might have to go on without our super dad... super scary). But he pulled through and has been doing just fine.. left us with a hefty medical bill but hey that too is slowly being paid off! YAY us.

Through the summer I also ran for Ms. Philippines and got third place, which has brought on an avalance of people who want to run in coming years. I'm glad I got the ball rolling.

Somewhere in there Julius' boss gave us money for a vacation and we went to The Great Wolf Lodge, which was awesome.

We moved to a new house, a bigger place with room for the kids to play outside. We are so greatful for our house and the owners who are close friends to us. We really got a deal!

Then it was back to school for me, to finish off my Bachelors degree that was put on hold due to two little ladies. We had our first Trick-or-Treating, and although my girls were begging to come home, I think deep down they had a good time :)

Thanksgiving was spent with family, although I dare say some of the people there were strangers. I take this as a good sign since our family rarely invites or welcomes new faces, YAY family!

December ofcourse came in a flourish of colors, we decorated our house and even did the outside. We got a tree and we even did really good at not buying 'too many' gifts. I was so proud that my girls enjoyed their gifts (unlike previous years when gifts were opened and cast off to the side). I do say I was a success in matching each of their different personalities to their gifts.

New years was brought in with a few fireworks from the neighbors and now it is Adrianne's 3rd birthday, thankfully we are all well and I will try to throw her the same type of massive party that Alexa is always blessed with.. and get her the beloved "Ariel" cake that she has been begging for.

Here's to another great year, just like the last - only better! (wow we really did alot this year!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lielanie you're too kind to me! Thank you sooo so much for the sweet words! And I love your awesome post!! You did so much! Thanks a million for playing along with me!