6.24.2008

Speak English

Adrianne has this little song she likes to sing, it sounds something like this "kinga.. kinga.. kinga.." She sings it and twirls around and around, and does her famous dance move of putting her hands on the ground and kicking one leg up in the air (too much dancing with the stars, I know.) And for the longest time I thought she was just "pretending" to sing and making up her own words, but Julius and I realized that it's the same thing over and over and over, and if you ask her to sing it she will sing the same thing (so she knows what she is saying.) So then I thought well maybe it's from the Tagalog classes the kids took and she picked up on the 'nga' sound, which is a alphabet letter that we do not have in English. But I asked Julius and he said it didn't sound like any word he'd ever heard.. Strange.

We'll the song lives on, and on, and on....

But today, the kids are online and they have recently discovered Disney.com (they amazing land of fairy princesses where all their dreams come true...) and I hear her from the kitchen singing again "kinga.. kinga.. kinga..." So I peak in and they are listening to Aroura (Sleeping Beauty) from the Disney Princess Enchanted Tales DVD and she is singing.. "I've got the keys to the kingdom.." check it out
here so, that is what she's been singing all this time since about a month ago when we rented the movie from Blockbuster..

I guess my kid actually does speak English after all... who knew?

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I love it--isn't it a great feeling when you solve those little toddler mysteries!

Melanie said...

How adorable! Does Aurora do a little dance too, with her leg in the air?? :)