6.18.2008

Cheers to the Future!

I wasn't going to post today because I don't have any photos of the kids, and well without them my life is kinda boring!!

But I was doing the dishes when I thought that perhaps some of you would like to hear some of the upcoming things that are going to enter this family. Since I don't really share much information, and I'm not a big talker, maybe you would be interested, if not, just stop reading here :)

So first, I am running for Mrs. Philippines, yes I know I am not gorgeous (especially since I keep packing on the lbs.) but this is a fundraiser and not a beauty contest... surely I can win that! The funds raised go to the Portland Fil-Am maintenance of their meeting building, and believe me I have been there and it's way over-due for some upgrading! And a portion of what I sell comes back to me, which I will donate to my local Fil-Am of Clark County where I am the secretary. It's really a good way to raise awareness to the local Filipino groups, anyone can get involved, you do not have to be Filipino/Filipina. We have many events throughout the year and we have just started our "official" quarterly community outreach program, good for anyone to attend. You will meet wonderful people who will overwhelm you with their generosity and caring. I LOVE IT!!

Second, Julius was asking his boss about vacation time. His boss said he could have one week vacation this year, and Julius asked if he could combine this year's week with next year's week and take two weeks in the Philippines (where his family is), and his boss graciously said "How about take this years one week, and then next year you can have two weeks." ISN'T THAT GREAT!! We have been so blessed with everything this past year, from moving out of my Aunts house (that is too long of a story to post here) to Julius having an awesome job, to getting our first car, joining MOMS Club, and so much more that has came our way. So, back to where I was, we have decided to take Julius' vacation time and visit family in Hawaii.. WOO HOO Finally we will go to the sunny beaches, see the turtles, relax with the calm local life of Hawaii. It's totally a different world there, I love to vacation there (hated living there). I can't wait for Adrianne to have her first time in the ocean, on a plane, and around a dog (my dog Beefy is there).

Third, (I swear this is the last thing, if you have bravely made it this far!) Julius and I decided that I should finish my degree. So I signed up for WSUV classes starting in the fall, I am an accounting major but I might take business with minors in accounting and finance (hopefully I will find something I love in there.) I am currently doing the bookkeeping for a wonderful little coffee shop downtown called Coffee Lounge, it's on main street and 11th (I think) they have wonderful coffee and they support small coffee growers in Central America, so do yourself a favor and get some awesome coffee, tell them you know me (not that you get a discount, but you'll have something to talk about :)) So I am soon going back to school, and if you don't know I am very academic, I was the historian for the PTK (honor society) in Kauai and I have always been an honor student.. In fact I think my GPA is around 3.6.. For my associate degree courses. I had 4.0 through high school. Ofcouse I will be taking night classes so I can be home with my little darlings.. Wouldn't want to miss them growing up - to me that is priceless... I can go to school anytime, but they only grow up once.

Okay the stinky girls desperately need a bath, they played in the sandbox that Julius made them at Aunt Kits and we got home too late to wash them.. So now they stink and their beds need to be changed... WOO HOO a whole day at home! I love home.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Wow! You've got a lot of great things happening. Keep us posted on the contest. I finished school just as I got pregnant with Nick--school is the best (but, I could have done without fighting morning sickeness through finals--hee, hee). Can I stow away in your luggage when you go to Hawaii??? I have my own snorkel gear!

Melanie said...

I have my own snorkel gear too!!!
I am SO glad to hear you will be finishing school - way proud of you!! Remember to be GOOD to yourself - especially since life is going to be getting much busier.