7.02.2008

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, off to work I go..

These last few days have been rough. Infact I haven't written because I haven't had anything nice to say. But today is starting to look up...

This morning we got up about 9am, but by the time I got the kids breakfast and got them dressed I was exhausted and had to take a mini rest. After which I swept the kitchen floor, did the dishes and continued to feel tired and depressed.. So I took a shower and opened up all the doors/windows so some light would come in. Then I noticed that our living room looked like a weeks worth of everything had blown up in it (no wonder I was feeling depressed!) so I took action and started vacuuming, which lead to organizing and purging out the things we no longer need (or want). And ofcourse you can't just do one room because inevitably you come across a load of laundry or pile of books that takes you to another room where you notice things have started to pile up as well... So after cleaning both bedrooms, the living room, and the kitchen, I finally feel better :) I have a large to-do list which is looming like a ton of bricks on my back so I just want to get it done and over with so I can enjoy my three day weekend with my family.

Now that the kids are taking their nap, I guess I should start my actual work (although technically I've been working all day). I would rather take a nap, but I guess I can nap on the weekend. Happy July 4th, I have some great photos to share but they are not uploaded yet - next time.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I sooooo know how you feel! Most of the time, I have blinders on my eyes so I don't see the clutter. Then my blinders accidentally fall of and - BAM! Shoot, there's the mess!! Good job for getting some serious work done!

Sheri said...

I'm exhausted just reading your blog ... good for you for cleaning away the clutter. I keep doing that, but the clutter doesn't seem to get the message ... it's still there!