11.19.2008

Nastics, Day One

I took Alexa to her gymnastics on Monday morning. She was very excited. She did pretty good, although alot of the things were not as easy for her. Her class had only two boys in it, but they have been taking the class for a while now so they know what to do. At one point the instructor was asking her to run "rocket speed" well if you haven't already guessed, she doesn't really have a rocket speed.. Infact she doesn't have much speed at all. But she had fun and wants to go again.

Check out her pics!

Pre-class excitement

Watching the other kids

Big Summersalt

Adrianne and I watched from the bench, we were glad that we were the only class going on at that time so the gym was pretty empty. Adrianne spent her time running and jumping and repeatedly asked me, "is it my turn?"

Once Alexa was done Adrianne thought it was her turn and was gravely disappointed when I told her that she didn't get a turn. Then I felt bad, so I went and signed her up for the evening class of parent and tot to see how she would do.

Later that night we all went back and Julius took the class with Adrianne, she did really well although she is such a ball of energy that she had a hard time holding still to hear the directions. She had a blast jumping off the big platform into these big foam blocks. And once her turn was over she broke into tears, she wanted to go back on the trampoline. It didn't matter what I said to console her, she was still heartbroken that her turn was over.

I couldn't find a way to make her understand that she would have a turn again next week.. Hopefully it will go better at the end next time!

Here are a couple of the photos I took of her, she was kinda far away so they arn't great photos but I didn't want to distract her with the camera.

Listening for the instructions

The first backbend

Over the Mailbox

Trampoline Jumpin'

Fearless fall into the foam pit

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Looks like fun! I've never seen the foam pits before. Then again, I didn't take tumbling until I was 10+, so I guess I would've crushed those blocks (hee-hee).

Melanie said...

They are too cute! You're so funny, signing Adrianne up because you felt bad. :) Love the new look to your blog!!