11.21.2008

Chatterbox..

Why does Alexa have to constantly chatter? I swear she gives running commentary on everything that is happening or could happen or that she is thinking about. We cannot eat a meal without her counting how many bites she has remaining. We can't watch a movie without her telling me what will happen next, I cannot watch TV without her endless questions (try to explain last nights ER where a doctor had to open a mans eye area).

It does not end there.. in the car she tells me when to go, "The light is green now mommy." or "Lets go faster!!" Not to mention the endless repeating of, "Where are we going? What are we going to do? Then what... then what.. then what.." I must repeat the whole days worth of events over and over...

Oh and don't get me started about leaving the house after it gets dark... "But mommy it's dark outside, so it's bedtime." Heaven forbid we have to run to the movie store or pick up something from the grocery store. That results in an endless round of, "it's really dark... mom is it really dark...?"

And with the changing of the season comes even more questions, "Mom why is my mouth smokin'?" If the car is cold I even hear relentless rounds of, "My Mouth is SMOKIN in the CAR!!"

The chatter, chatter, chatter.... And ALL of her questions are directed at me, as if Julius cannot answer them. To which I tell myself that she must think I am wiser than dad.

Oh and the newest thing.. "Mom sissy isn't listening to me." I just want to say, "Mommy isn't listening either!!" Even Adrianne has picked up on it, often stating, "Sissy not answer me." and breaking into tears.

Good golly miss molly, will it ever end..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, at least you know there's something seriously wrong with her when she's gone completely quiet! My mouth's smokin' in the car. I had to laugh out loud at that one!