9.08.2008

Mostly for my own sanity..

Baby Christopher - 5 months old

It's been a while since I posted anything, which seems odd because we have been doing so much.

Friday we went down to Coffee Lounge and picked up some files, then ofcourse we can't go down there without a trip to the park to play in the water and the play structure that the kids think is a castle.

Saturday I went scrappin' with some friends, I got quite a few pages done of the little man so I felt good and accomplished. We scrapped in a scrappin' store which I thought would be complicated due to customers coming in and out, but it was not that busy and it was super convenient to just wonder around until you found the right paper, stickers, ribbon, or other supply to fit your page. I loved it and hope to do it again very soon.

While I was scrappin' Julius and the girls took a load of stuff to our soon to be new house. I am glad the girls got to go and see their new room and play a little while before the big day. We are planning to move a little at a time so hopefully the adjustment will be gradual - for all of us. Once we all arrived back home; Julius took a nap while I mopped the kitchen floor (decided not to wait so long between moppin's). Afterwards we rousted the kiddos up and went to The Sausage Fest. It's was fun and really calm, I consider the fair to be somewhat stressful, but the Fest is very relaxed. I even paid for the kids to ride the marry-go-round, which they loved. We bought a bag of kettle corn, Julius' favorite, and I got an elephant ear. We parked a little ways away, (I said it was 1/2 a mile... but Julius said it wasn't even close) but the walking time gave us time to talk while the girls held hands and walked in front of us. It was a rare moment, but worth it.

Sunday we went to the MOMS Club family picnic which was a great time. The kids had fun and we got to hang out with some of the other families. Plus the weather was awesome and the girls went all the way to the play stucture on their own while Julius and I just watched them (more freedom!). When we got home it was time to rest so I put the kids down and I proceeded to sleep in the living room while Julius watched football. But when I awoke he was sleeping with the kids, so I had time to read half a chapter of homework before they got up (YAY me!). When they got up we were still kinda stuffed from the picnic, so we decided to wait and get pizza and movies.

While we were waiting Julius and I were discussing vacation options because we still haven't used his one week vacation time, it's gotten a little complex to plan now that I have classes and everything. We still haven't decided, but while we were looking at the calendar it was fun to see the pictures of the kids (I made one of those photo calendars for Julius last Christmas). We had a good time guessing who was who, we finally had to rely on who had the most hair since Alexa always had hair and Adrianne was bald until 1 year old. Their faces look almost exactly alike. Here's a look...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Today we went down to Coffee Lounge again to deliver the bill, and ofcourse pick up more work for me. Then we went to the park which was completely deserted, there was maybe 3 kids on the play structure and one little boy in the water area, quite refreshing :) Well I guess that's all for me, I have apples that need to be peeled and homework that needs to be read, and a meeting tonight.. :)

2 comments:

Sheri said...

OK, I thought I had a busy weekend ... how do you do it all???

p.s. I say the 1st photo is Alexa, 2nd is Adrianne (can't miss her smile).

Melanie said...

Those pictures are TOOOOO cute!! I just want to squeeze their cheeks! And I'm opposite of Sheri: I think the top photo is Adrianne, and the bottom photo is Alexa.