9.03.2008

Back to School Time

I know alot of the other MOMS are writing about their kids going back to school, or starting school.. But here it's me who is going back to school. It's sort of a different feeling, sometimes when I get home from class (which is only 3 hours) my girls are just ecstatic with joy, screaming and jumping, tugging on my arms/clothes, they both want to tell me everything at the same time. They really just swarm me. Alexa even gets the sniffles and says, "huggies momma." And although I know that going to school isn't the end of the world and I still have quite a few hours with them, it's still a big change for all three of us. (Julius doesn't seem to have feelings either way.)

I missed MOMS Club on Tuesday because I was just so exhausted, I litereally crashed on my living room floor for three hours while the kids watched movies (thank goodness for holesome Disney). In addition, I have homework.. and it's not even alot of homework, it's not hard either. But it's finding the time to read 50 pages of bland text without the continual banter of the girls. I suppose I am intended to actually absorb some of what I am reading. So today we went to the park. We all needed a break and mommy needed some sun time to re-energize after yesterdays groggy-ness. It was nice, the kids played and I read about 15 pages. Then we had lunch there, so no clean up involved.

I made a calendar with everything on it that I have to do.. but now whenever I look at it, I get so stressed out because there is SO much on it!! Literally every day and weekend has atleast two things on it, and none of those are daily tasks like dishes, laundry, or cleaning. My head swims just thinking about it. So I am really trying hard to just get done what needs to be done in some sort of a timly manner, plus it doesn't help that I am quite the procrastinator. A guy in my class today asked me if I had completed the homework for this other class which is tomorrow, I told him, "Honestly, I am just trying to make it through tonight.."

So here's hoping for a new, more organized me!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Good for you Lielanie! I am sending my good wishes, peaceful concentration, and endless WILL thoughts your way!