2.24.2009

Screw it..

We have had a busy day, starting with MC this morning, then off to Coffee Lounge, then to the post office to have our passports done.. So I decided to indulge the girls in yet another Happy Meal. I ordered the kids their usual but today I decided to get them chocolate milk. Now the choco-milk is a rare treat and they wanted to 'hold' them during the 7 block ride home. No problem. Then I hear them in the back seat saying, "screw it, screw it..." over and over, and I didn't want to call attention to it because of the whole 'don't mention it unless you want it repeated' thing. So casually at an unacceptably long stop light I decide to look back and figure out just what they are doing to cause such language..

And I find them both, screwing and unscrewing their milk lids...

Not as bad as I thought, but I am sure either Handy Manny or the Imagination Movers had something to do with choosing the term. To which I wonder why they couldn't have used another term, say maybe 'turn it' or 'twist it'.. not 'screw it' - which is now being repeated over and over again. And sure to be said at the most inopportune time causing me much bitter embarrassment and the need to explain.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! That's one of those 'what were they thinking' questions, huh? Why they used that word. I'm always surpised by the presence of the word stupid in various kids' shows. It's not one of my favorites for the girls to be shouting at each other. Sounds like Tuesday was a very busy one!

Melanie said...

That makes me laugh!! You're so good at remaining calm and trying not to call attention to it. :)