1.22.2011

To Blog, or not to Blog....

I really hate complaining about everything, but recently that's about all I've been able to do.  So just roll with me for now.

On the upside, today was bright and sunny and I spent several hours just sitting in the sunlight - because I believe it really can improve a persons well being.  I went outside and filled my bird feeders (took me a while to find something to do that didn't require much energy).  I also did the dishes - my first time doing them in over a week, and cleaned off some of the counters and the coffee maker.  I had an energy today that I haven't felt in about a month.

Which is kinda strange..  why is it strange you ask?  Well, mostly because yesterday I spent 95% of the day in bed crying in pain and wishing my hubby would run me over with the car.  I have no idea what the big difference was between the two days?  I do know however, that yesterday I ended up with the worst chest pains I have ever experienced in my life.  Honest to goodness the pain was unbearable and topped up there with full on labor.  If I was older I would have thought I was having a heart attack because seriously it was like a elephant was chillin' on my chest.  I took 4 pepto bismols and had no relief.  I suffered for FOUR hours...  OMG it was the worst hours, and I just wanted it to end.  But then I thought about Melanie and her chewy tums that she had when we went to Dallas, and I immediately sent my aunt to the store to buy some...  Thank god for tums, I may have to invest in them, maybe 2 minutes after chewing them up, the elephant decided to get his fat @$$ off my chest and I felt so much better.  I could actually get up and walk around, it was a miracle (ofcourse then I was mad at myself for not thinking of it 4 hours before!).

I had some additional discomfort throughout the night, but I was able to sleep from 2am to 8am, maybe that is why I feel better today.  I hope tomorrow will be like today, and that everyday after that will continue to improve.

On the other hand, J is having some major stomach issues.  To the point where he spent 80% of today on the couch, it's so sad to see him in pain.  He is usually able to ignore any pain and just work right thought it - so I know this must be serious.  And he is supposed to start working Saturdays this week and throughout tax season.

I really hope we get better soon, it seems like this has been going on for ages.  And with me feeling better, and then taking a 180 turn around, people are starting to think I'm crazy (or maybe I just think they think I am crazy...  I've always had perception issues).  I'm so glad my aunt has been able to take the kiddos to school and pick them up, and even do the dishes for me and keep the kids entertained.  When we feel better we will have to do something nice for her.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Lielanie, it pains me to hear that you're hurting. Please remember that you have a whole bunch of women who care about you and are here for you at any time. Please reach out if you need to.

Melanie said...

You and your memory. :) I'm glad the Tums helped, and I hope the days continue to improve.