6.22.2009

Snot, hair, and mother nature..

We have done so much and I just haven't taken the time to blog about it (been too busy keeping up with my farm!) Today we spent the day inside because we are all sick, Alexa even had a slight fever and spent some time on the couch watching TV. We've had a slight cold for a while, and playing in the rainstorm, then yesterdays picnic didn't seem to help us recover any faster. But the girls seem in good working order (minus some grouchiness) this evening. Julius should be giving them a bath soon.

Saturday we went with Aunt Kit and Steven to buy the girls some new school shoes. Yes they have shoes, but I always remember having new stuff for the first day of school. Then we took Alexa and got her haircut. All in all I think it was 13" cut off. Afterwards Alexa was a bit upset and said she didn't want it that short because, "Princesses have long hair." But today she seems better with it, and she is happy she can brush it on her own and that there isn't any knots.

Here's a pic with her short hair.


So the girls start school tomorrow, and after school they both have dr. appointments. I'm not looking forward to any of it because my cold seems to be the worst, with a runny/stuffy nose, and a wicked sore throat. On top of that my fairy godmother has granted me a present for the month which I haven't gotten since November, so I am kinda bummed about that. But on a high note, atleast the weather is cooperating and I will be able to send Alexa to school in her "Barbie" skirt - I just hope no little boys check out her undies...

The little women are starting gymnastics again next week, and they assure me that they also want to take ballet.. so we'll see how July goes, hopefully they will adjust to it all and we'll be smooth running (hopefully I'll adjust to it!). Here's another little pic of the kiddo's. Their last day before they become preschoolers!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Loving Alexa's short hair!!!

Unknown said...

I too love her hair, and she will certainly discover soon enough that she can still do pony tails and barretts in what she has. Remind her that Princess Di had very short hair, and was a REAL Princess :)