6.18.2009

May I have your attention please...

My children are driving me crazy, nothing unusual there. Ever since we came back from vacation they have been craving every ounce of attention they can get. Which has been combined with the never ending phrase, "mom, watch this!" to which I then have to stop whatever I am doing, go to where they are and watch them do whatever it is that they feel is some amazing task. It could be getting their bicycles stuck on a hill, standing on one foot, or making a strange face in the mirror.

I wish I could just grow an extra set of eyes so they can take me wherever they want without me having to be physically present. Washing dishes, gardening, making the bed, cooking dinner, it is a continual montage of, "watch this.. watch that.. look at me.. look what I can do.. mom did you see that.." My poor senses are overwhelmed at all the different places I have to look and things to see.

And then Adrianne, if I do not look immediately she will repeat herself, over and over.. so I do what any self controlled mother would do, I say, "Please wait a minute while mommy finishes." Then I kid you not, two seconds later she says, "mommy, I can't wait ALL DAY!!"

No comments: