3.18.2009

You Startled Me

I haven't posted much about Alexa lately. That's not to say she hasn't done amazing things, but just that she talks so much that I get tired of hearing what she has to say (bad mommy, I know). But I felt her newest collection of phrases should be noted for future reference.

Alexa's new favorite thing to do is to mimic everything Julius says. Which I find highly annoying, yet I am sure this is some wonderful development milestone. So in addition to Julius scolding Adrianne, we now have Alexa following suit - in generally the same tone and style as Julius. Poor Adrianne is getting bombarded with authoritative tones.

Alexa's other new found "voice" is to copy nearly everything she watches. Recently we went to my Aunts house where Alexa saw a potted Daffodil, and was quick to say, "Look mom a Daffodil.. daffodils are yellow and have 6 petals.. Clarabelle needs Daffodils to match her dress.. Daisy's are yellow too."

She has also taken to saying, "You startled me!" Although not used at quite the right times. Nearly everything "startles" her. Which she learned from Goofy on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

What will I do with this child who chatters and talks throughout the day? At meal time she is a wealth of information, everything from how to move the refrigerator to the latest episode of Little Einsteins is up for grabs often leaving her with a plate full of food while the rest of us are cleaning up. I do repeatedly try to urge her to eat her food, but 2 seconds later she is back to chattering away.

She just chatters.. A lot.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Wish I could help, but I have the 'boy version' of a chatterbox. He is the true copy cat--if someone says they did something, HE did it too! Sometimes I wonder just what world he really lives in because he "supposedly" has done some pretty incredible things (and I haven't been there to do them with him).

p.s. I also apparently have 3 more kids ... Nick tells everyone that he has 2 brothers and 1 sister.