3.19.2009

Getting back into the flow of life..

I don't know what it is about me but whenever I become sick, even with just a cold, it takes me an extended amount of time to get back into the flow of daily chores. I know some people who can take OTC medicines and go through their day even if they are at death's door, and I know other people who can't wait to jump back into action after being sick a few days. I however, take forever to recover. I just don't have the 'get up and go' attitude, I would rather kick back and relax a bit. In addition, I wake up feeling groggy, and it takes me a long time to get my appetite back.

So as my house sits in a disarray and my to-do list gets longer I am unmotivated to do anything about it. My ear/throat is hurting again today, which I am thinking that is why I have no appetite and am feeling somewhat groggy. But it's just getting old, and the stress of not getting things done is not helping.

The good news is the kitty's surgery went well and she is here causing trouble (trying to get outside). I finally got her to knock out and sleep, and the kids are napping so I suppose I should atleast do the dishes before Julius gets home and wonders who stole the maid. I even went to Coffee Lounge and bought a cocoa, but it just doesn't sound tasty. And I am grateful that my plans for tomorrow were canceled.

When will I feel like myself again?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, girl, don't get down on yourself for taking the slow track to full recovery. Those martyr people are over-rated! Get well soon, and let the house shamble around you if that's what it takes. Life is hard enough without piling on the guilt :)