3.28.2009

It's Saturday :)

Well it's another Saturday and there isn't a whole lot going on. It's dark and raining, as usual. I do have alot of homework to get done, hopefully today so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow.

It's been a while since I blogged and I don't quite remember what I have missed. Julius is still working, although he's been taking Sundays off to work at home. We are finally starting to feel better, after several weeks. And I am still here doing my usual thing.

I have taken some time to turn off the TV and do scrappin' which is really nice and refreshing. I have alot of stamp sets that I haven't used yet, and alot more that I have forgotten I even have! However I still feel racked with guilt when I see the laundry basket that has been sitting there for three days awaiting folding, or the basket of kids clothes that has yet to be put away. Not to mention the steady stream of dishes that I cannot seem to get ahead of. (and all the scrappin' debris now on the carpet).

I have a test on Monday, and on Tuesday. We are in the home stretch, only one month left! Which sort of worries me because I haven't been doing so well. I got a 57/100 on my last accounting test (my worst one ever!). Luckily they drop the lowest test score, however, that means I have to do well on the next 2 tests. I got a 67 on my MIS mid-term, how did that happen I don't know since I missed the class where they reviewed the test, but that class is curved anyway so I don't think it's a problem. My third class is marketing, where I got a C on the mid-term, I don't know what kind of magic I can do to pull that grade up.. So it's not looking so good with only one month left.

I just keep telling myself one day at a time.. I guess that is the best I can do, I know I can do better but it's so exhausting to keep it up day in and day out - especially with Julius working like a crazy mad-man. And it's basketball season, so even when he is home he is parked in front of the TV (I swear there is atleast 4 channels with sports on them, sports highlights, sports center, basketball, westling, MMA... DOES IT EVER END?!?!) Can't we just watch the Jon and Kate marathon? (atleast I can do things during commercials).

Julius is becoming attuned to the idea of flying to get to his families house (instead of driving 9 hours). I had him look up the flight prices last night and they are about the same as a van rental, and it's only take's an HOUR to fly. I feel it is totally worth it. I also teamed up with our bookkeeping client to convince him that we need to stay a few days in a hotel... So I am excited for that (although we are still in dispute about how many rooms we will need - as we want to invite his family too). I told him my ideal vacation is to just play with all the kids, and read books on the beach..

He rescently told me that the store, like convienince store, is a mile away from their house.. which doesn't seem like a long way, until you factor in the fact that no one there drives.. so you have to walk (and we all know how much I hate walking). Can we say "culture shock". I know this trip will be similar to when we moved to Hawaii..

Okay I better go and actually do my homework, as I don't see much chance in it getting done on it's own. Here's a giraffe photo from our last trip to the zoo, I wanted to post it before but never got to it..

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Wow, you were either really close to that giraffe or you have a great telephoto lens!