12.19.2010

ahh.. the smell of Christmas

So I haven't been a total stick in the mud, we did take a rainy afternoon and hunt down the perfect Christmas tree.  All boots and umbrellas but a good time was had by all.  We went to the usual spot of Thortons, which we've been going to for years and years.  It's not a bad lot, but it sure was busy the day we went and it was all I could do to find parking!  The girls had fun looking at all the "baby" trees and Mr. J was glad it didn't take us all day to pick one (he actually insisted on getting the first one we saw, as I like to wonder for atleast another hour and then come back to the first one..  he's starting to know me too well!)




 And Alexa had a special day at school, she got to do some special holiday activities and came home with a gingerbread house, un-decorated and falling apart..  After two mental breakdowns because the roof would not stay on and the candies weren't sticking the way she wanted, I caved in and decided to help (isn't that the motherly thing to do!)  So I globbed on the frosting, and put some in a ziploc so we could get those candies to stick on properly.  After placing EVERY candy on the tiny house, this is what she came up with.

.
Not bad, and she seemed to have a really good time decorating it.  Sometimes I have to remember that she's only 6.. and she really does need help.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha ha! Look at big strong Julius and his tree :) How funny he coerced you into going with the first one; it's true our guys definitely learn to roll with our own crazy behaviors, and sometimes overule us! You are a sweet mom to help Alexa with her house; I lack the patience to take on projects like that sometimes. But yes, 6 is still little when it comes to certain skills.

Melanie said...

That's funny - I was just reminding myself that Evan is "still only 6". When they have older personalities, it's hard to remember that sometimes! Love the vision of Alexa's mental breakdowns. I can SOOOOO relate! :)