12.18.2010

It's that time again..

You know that time, the time when the holidays roll around and everything seems rushed.  I just want to sit around and read a book, relax, and do nothing..  but there are parties, and commitments and playdates.  There are decorations, baking, cleaning, and laundry (always laundry).  It can be so overwhelming, and I am totally feeling it.  I'm not trying to complain, although I probably will be by the time I am done writing this, it just seems that I cannot catch a break.

Luckily I did all of my holiday shopping (right after Thanksgiving) because I knew I would be stressing out when the big day got closer.  And I've decided to limit our decorations this year because it's just too much to put it up and take it back down again..  But now that I am on break I see my list of things I WANT to get done is really crazy long.  I have really set the bar too high and it's overwhelming.

One child got to see Santa yesterday, but the other is yet to go..  I need to work that into the mix.  And we have a gingerbread house that needs to be made, and some Christmas gifts that need to be made.. oh and the Christmas cards that need to be written.  And I have work to do.  I keep telling myself that I can do all of that in one day if I just do it and get it done with...  but maybe that is even too much for a day.

Oh, well.  I guess I just have to let go of my controlling OCD ways, and just do what I can and try to enjoy it in the process..  Time to find my inner zen.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh, look at those babies! Love the new layout of the blog. TAKE IT EASY, Lielanie! Why don't you make a list of the need-to's first - then mix in a want-to when you can??

Unknown said...

I am with you Lielanie. Too much to do and too little funds, and not enough time; I am always dreading Christmas more than anticipating it fondly; at least up until the morning of, when watching the kids unwrap gifts makes all the headache worth it. All I can say though, is don't spread the guilt of non-achievement on too thickly; our kids hardly notice when we don't get that into the season. Plus you're a student - get through these years and one day you'll actually have the time for it all!