2.10.2011

Happy Valentine's Day Mommy

Yesterday while at school Adrianne made this cute little Valentine bag for me, I asked her why it was empty and she said because it was for a present at home..

So imagine my surprise when I headed to bed and found it sitting right under my bedside lamp..  I thought, "Wow, how thoughtful of her to surprise me like that.  What a sweet little darling angel."

Then I looked inside and had a mixed reaction, I was both glad that she was so thoughtful.. and sad that this is where here thinking led...

Here is the bag she made:

This is what I saw inside:

A closer look..

Yup, that is my gift...  one of my prescriptions (which I take in the morning, hence why it sits on my nightstand) and a pair of earplugs that I wear to bed so I can sleep without being awoken by every bump in the night.

The doctor today said I should think about the 'brighter' side of things.... so I guess all I have to say is that I DO always tell her that these medicines will make mommy feel better.  And thankfully I think they are working because I do see how this could have been a depressing V-day gift, but on the other hand it's really thoughtful - especially for a 5 year old.

No comments: