9.01.2010

A Long Time Coming...

 
It's hard to tell but this is Alexa, she told me last night, "Mommy look what I can do!"  then held her breath and put her face in the tub water.  This might not be a big deal to most, and under usual circumstances I wouldn't think a 6 year old who 'dunks' their face would be worth posting either..  however, this six year old had an 'incident' in our pool 3 years ago and ever since then has not put her face near the water.  Pre-near drowning incident she loved the water and had no problem putting her head in for a few seconds... I don't blame her because I think if I nearly drowned I would also be afraid of the water.  But about a year ago she began experimenting with laying down in the tub, and now she has worked up to putting her face in the water for an extended period of time (not just a brief dunk). That is pretty awesome to me, I think it may be time for those swimming lessons!

Oh and of course, Adrianne couldn't go without getting her photo take too, this is not her first time to do this but I humored her anyway. :)

No comments: