9.01.2010

First Day of School


You may wonder how I am able to post for the first time in months, and the answer is because today is the first day of the kid's school year!  (yeah I know, they went to summer school, but in case you all forgot - I also went to summer school..)  So here are the little tykers one off to preschool and the other to first grade!  Adrianne has been going to Kidspace for over a year now, so it's nothing new to her, but she's going to be a Robin this year (they don't officially start until Sept. 7th) she has moved up from a Chickidee, to a Blue Bird, and soon to be a Robin.  She is doing awesome and having a good time.  I bought her a ton of new Hello Kitty stuff for her 'official' first day of school...  Although Alexa did not get anything new, bad mommy!


Alexa is going into 1st Grade, with a new classroom, however, same teacher.  Image takes kindergarten teachers and loops them into 1st grade so the kids get the same teacher for two years!  I think this is an awesome program, it really helps ease the kids' discomfort on the first day, and lets the teachers get to know the kids better and start the year with a firm knowledge of what the child is capable of learning as well as their individual learning style.  I'm excited to see how Alexa does this year, she is reading and ready to learn.  I put her in a summer reading program through the library where the kids took turns reading out loud which really helped Alexa.  She is also getting better at sounding words out (which I thought would never come) she actually takes a crack at most words before saying, "I don't know."  which sounds something like this, "Princess Aroura and her fiends went to the I don't know."  (strange place to go I know!)  It makes me laugh when she does that because I'll be listening and then it's like my brain is trying to figure out where they went, as if I mis-understood and perhaps they went to the land of "idonno", too funny.  Anyhow here is the little miss all ready to go.  (She posed herself, I just said to smile and look cute).  And she's in pants!  We are trying to learn that pants are not all evil, plus she has some super cute sparkle jeans that I LOVE... why don't sparkly jeans come in adult sizes...


Okay that is all for today, I really need to get some work done since it'll soon be time to go pick them up again..  oh time goes so quickly..  (Check below as I posted some other things too from this summer).

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Lielanie, they are growing up so much! And tell Adrianne that I LOVE Hello Kitty too. :)

WA Webbs said...

They look so cute. I love her hair.