1.29.2010

Determined to Blog

I sign on here everyday to read everyone elses blogs. They are so honest and inspiring that I can't wait to see the next posts done by all the people I consider to be amazing. Even when someone posts about something awful or a horrible day, or even a good day gone wrong, I can totally relate and I feel that much better knowing that someone has also encountered the problems that I have.

We really are not doing much at all here, especially with Alexa trying to get over her ear infection. She is doing better and is no longer needing tylenol or the numbing ear drops (however she says it still hurts?) I spent yesterday doing laundry, I skipped last week so I had two weeks worth to do. I even got inspired and vacuumed the entire house.

However today I am a little off. My stomach is bothering me which I know is a sign of not taking care of myself, too many donuts, sodas, and candies. I hate the word diet, and I never want to consider myself on a diet.. but I am however realizing that my stomach just cannot handle the good things that I love. Add that to the fact that I don't feel hungry, but once I eat something I cannot stop eating until I am over stuffed and ready to explode. My stomach has just decided to stop cooperating with the rest of my body, I think it's rebelling against all the junk foods.

Today I am trying to clean the bathrooms. I hate to admit it, but they are nasty and the counters are full of misc. un-put-away crap. Like my makeup that has been on the counter since Dec. 5th when I got dressed up for the Christmas party we had, or the tp tubes that I decided should be recycled (not thrown away) which have taken over the counter tops in all three bathrooms. It just gets me aggravated to think about it because I also hear that what your house looks like is a reflection of how you are feeling on the inside. Which I think is so true, I am just one big massive jumble of things to do. At some points I have so many things to do that I just shut down and don't do any of it.

As of now I have my bookkeeping to do, around 300 pages to read for monday, my first accounting test on tuesday, and a paper due on wednesday... now you may say, "Well get on it!" But that is easier said than done. I think there is some sort of mental block, I just can't do it. So instead I will clean the bathroom, then do the extreme amount of dishes, and hopefully clean the kitchen floor. Because somehow in my mind, maybe then when I have finished all of that (add on giving the girls a bath and my own shower) then maybe I will be able to start my list of 'things to do'. But at the bottom of it all, I know that once I finish all that I will be too exhausted to do what needs to be done and I will shut down and refuse to do any of it... why do I do this week after week? I really don't know, is it some sort of sign? Or is it just my crazy brains illogical way of not doing what needs to be done... it's very irritating, but I just can't fix it.

Could this be another cause of my ridiculously unhappy stomach... *sigh*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Little do you know, that *this* post is just as amazing as the ones you read. I love your honesty, and I can *totally* relate to the over-stuffing oneself on good-tasting food. There is no off switch when it's a delicious treat, but ask me to eat carrots, and I'll full after half. It's good to take a break though, and if that means your stomach declares a time-out, listen to your body! And though you may tackle all the wrong things on your to-do list, when you feel overwhelmed by what lies ahead, know that many people are that way. I can't cook unless my kitchen is super clean. But to get dinner done, I have to clean it, regardless of how unnecessary that is. We all have our quirks. They get us through the day! You go, Girl!! And don't ever sell yourself short on the 'my blog can't live up', 'cause it totally does :)