1.19.2010

An Amazing Blog Title Goes Here..

This morning I thought of something to blog about, or maybe it was last night? Anyhow I can't remember what it was or what the cool title was going to be. I must be slipping off my cracker.

The girls are in the bath, I'm hoping the warm water will help recuperate them. Alexa has had an on/off fever, very mild, but it comes with sore throat and sneezing. While Adrianne has been grumble sounding for a few days and is stuck with bursts of coughing. They are both well medicated today while I try to struggle through my homework for tonight.

I'm not feeling all that wonderful either, I'm a little foggy today. Perhaps I am getting what they have or maybe it's just sympathy sickness. Either way I just want to make it through these two days of classes. Speaking of classes, Alexa and Adrianne only have one day of school this week, Thursday. So far I don't know if they will be attending, but it seems strange for them to be off from school for a whole 10 days, should they miss Thursday. But don't you all worry, I have been keeping them busy with their tanagrams (those little geometric pieces that you can create designs out of), and the workbooks. They have been keeping me busy with "How do you spell..." Alexa is recognizing words inside of words, like Pyxis, has the word "is" in it, and SONY has the word "so"... Yesterday at the grocery store we walked past the bank section and she said, "Mom, what is that word??" (I told her) Then she read, "Come in today for a VISA" How excited she is when she can read little signs and tell me where the "EXIT" is. It's very cute. Adrianne is not far behind, for 4 years old she can legibly write 'mommy' and 'daddy' and 'love' from memory. She has other words but she has not gotten alot of confidence with them yet.

And hey I am learning too! We are on bonds in my acct. class, all about bonds and stated interest rates, and discounts, and such.. in sociology we are learning about how large problems such as divorce rates can actually stem from society as a whole (not just the couple), and in African-Am Lit we are reading about Thomas Jefferson and the Declration of Indy along with Benjamin Banneker and Letters from Virginia (a very interesting internal struggle for TJ). I cannot imagine living in his shoes with the black mistress and the bi-racial kids and then having so much oposition to the abolishment of slavery, he really faced alot of internal termoil.

I'm also supposed to be reading the Wall Street Journal for my acct. class. I am really fed up with statements like this, "According to someone close to the situation.." How many times in one newspaper can you print the same opening.. (Perhaps that is just my annoyance with repetative things) I got irritated with the way Adrianne was eating her donut this morning, I had to leave the room because I could not stand her masticating sound.. (I love to use that word, once a guy used it in my 7th grade math class, and everyone was shocked becauase we didn't know what it ment or perhaps we thought it was something similar sounding, haha).

Okay I am off now, the kiddos need to wash before they get cold, and I need a shower and some magic patience for the day.. :)

No comments: